Walking into your FIRST CLASS for the very first time as a new teacher can be really overwhelming.
We think it would be so helpful if teachers (and parents) could lend a hand to new teachers by sharing the top five things they wished they had known when they first set foot into their classrooms.
We can start by letting you know how Book Clubs can help:
- Build your classroom library quickly and easily! In addition to the monthly rewards you receive for ordering, you (as a brand-new teacher) can receive up to 25 FREE Books throughout the school year. Click here for more info.
- Build your classroom library with Bonus Points! Each order earns you Bonus Points, which you can use to build your dream classroom. You can use your Bonus Points to get FREE Books from the monthly catalogs, teacher resources from our new Teacher Essentials catalog, and classroom materials from our Classroom Bonus catalog!
- Engage your classroom through ClassroomsCare, a motivational reading program that teaches students about giving to kids in need.
- Engage your class via contests, curriculum tie-ins, and more—all found in the teacher pages of our monthly catalogs. Visit Contests, Etc. for more information.
- E-mail or call us if you have any questions! You can reach us at your exclusive FIRST CLASS in-box at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call us at 1-800-SCHOLASTIC (1-800-724-6527) and follow the prompts for new teachers. We’re here to help!
Here are some other useful tools: